Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Killer Collection (A Collectible Mystery #1)

A Killer Collection (A Collectible Mystery, #1)A Killer Collection by J.B. Stanley

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book is based on pottery collecting, it is a cozy mystery wrapped in Southern, rural North Carolina pottery making and collecting.  There is a great deal of information about the history of pottery in North Carolina, the pottery making itself and the history of different types of North Carolina pottery.

I found myself really drawn to the descriptions of the pottery pieces, and wanting to find some of these and look at them myself. The receipes for the glaze and the clay were interesting, and I found myself more entranced by it than the mystery itself, probably because i just couldn't relate to the characters that well. There were some i understood and believed and wanted to read more about, but most were so far from anything i had ever meet that I just couldn't understand or get into them.

I did like the book, not sure if there is another, it says first in the new series, but I haven't heard of any others, although i think I will look. I would probably read a second to see if I could relate more to the characters before passing judgement on the series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment