Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

Scary Stories to Tell In the DarkScary Stories to Tell In the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My daughter picked this book up at the school book fair last year, and I was sitting in the house this past weekend, and I just didn't feel like starting a new book, just wanted something small to read at that moment, and I picked this book up.


It is a collection of old stories to scare you, some are better than others, but then again, some have been around for centuries. What I liked the most was the Notes and Sources sections of the book at the end, that told where the author found these stories and some of the history and variations on them. That was more fun than the stories, then again had I been eight to ten years old again at a sleep-over, I am sure the stories all would have had me screaming with my friends.


It's a great kids book, great stories, and some information. Works on so many levels for me as a parent, it entertains the younger one, gives information for the research minded one, and stories for my son to try to tease his sisters with! As a reader, it works as well. Even as an adult, I still found the book to be enjoyable and fun. It was a quick read for me, and just what I wanted Sunday afternoon.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment