Saturday, October 10, 2009

Daily Writing Practice : Trust

disclaimer: First an apology for beeing absent so long. We went on vacation the first week of August, then immediately came back to the begining of school, and just when we got settled in with the school routine, I began dealing with what would turn out to be my grandfather's final illness. That is no excuse, and I can tell by my mmods that I am missing my writing, so I am back!

Prompt: Trust

Trust is something that I have always freely given to anyone I met, until they prove to me that they do not deserve my trust. I havebeen burned by some people, but I have never changed my ways, I am just that type of person, I believe in the charity and goodness of the human race.
My husband on the other hand is the opposite. He nevers gives trust freely, except to the kids, and everyone else has had to earn that trust from him. It can be difficult and sometimes I think he has limited friends because of it, but he likes it that way. He likes having a very small circle of people who are close to him and have earned his trust.
As the kids grow and mature, I watch with anticpation to see which way they will develop. Will they be like me and trust everyone until they prove unworthy of the trust, or will they be like hubby, and withold trust until it is earned? At the moment, I think we have one like him and two like me, but I really think it might be too soon to tell yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment