Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Always A Temptress by Eileen Dreyer (Drake's Rakes #3)

Always a Temptress (The Drake's Rakes #3)Always a Temptress by Eileen Dreyer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was sent to me through the GoodReads First-Reads program, and it was book three in a series, and being the type of person I am, I just could not read it until I found and read the first two books in the series, so this is why it has taken me awhile since I received the book to actually get it read and reviewed, but it was so worth it!


The time setting is 1815, and Drake's Rakes are a small band of gentlemen of the ton that have set about to foil a plot by a side group calling themselves the British Lions who want to overthrow the crown and take control. Each book in the series introduces us to another faction of the band of gentlemen in a more detailed way.


In the first book, we met Jack and Olivia Gracechurch, along with friends, but the book centers around Jack and Olivia and Jack's role in the Drake's Rakes and the notrious villan named "The Surgeon", who plans to rid the world of Jack, and even the lovely Olivia if he has too.


The second book, picks up at the end of the first, as Jack and Olivia are trying to move on with thier lives, we focus on Diccan Hillard and the General's daughter Grace Fairchild, and again that notirious Surgeon is peeking his nose into their lives and making mischief.


The third book starts at the end of book two, as everyone is leaving from the wedding of Jack and Olivia (their second time), and follows Major General Harry Lidge and the beautiful yet guarded Lady Kate. They have a history together, that of course a well-meaning father couldn't allow to continue so she is married off to a man in his 60's when she is 15, and Harry is feed some lies, and she hates him to this day for abandoning her. All is releaved in the third book, and more than that. They have to work together once again with the Drake's Rakes to keep fioling those nasty Lions and their plans to rock the Crown and kill the Duke of Wellington.


I found this book so hard to put down, so inviting and so capativating. I wanted to read more, I wanted to see where it would go and what would happen and how it would all come out. And yet, I can't help but feel that there is still more to be learned. I would love to see a book four with the leader of the Drake's Rakes, the one and only Marcus Drake being featured, but we haven't met any women to pair him with, all the women have been married off, unless we bring bakc Barbara Shroeder. Humm, that might be fun.


Even though I am a creature of plans and I have to read books in order, you would easliy be able to read any of these books in any order and still understand and enjoy the story. I loved the books and I enjoyed my time spent in 1815.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment