Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth BOOK REVIEW

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)Insurgent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Insurgent is the follow-up to Divergent, and I am ever so happy that I picked both up at the store the day I got Divergent. I finished Divergent in one day and was ready to move on and see what happened next.

Insurgent follows Tris and Tobias, along with some others as they continue the fight between the factions, trying to figure out what is really going on and why the fighting is occurring. What is the real truth. There are hints at more than what meats the eye to their lives as they know them, but this book is a little slower and harder to read than the first. I was so into the first, but there is so much misunderstanding and mistrust between Tris and Tobias that the relationship is really fractured and it is hard to read at times. Other relationships all seem to be fracturing as well, because of the fighting or the unknown, but it really slowed the book and made it move less.

The factions are fighting, at least three are and the factionless are in the battle, but they have their own motive, they want to take over and make a completely new government. There is still the underlying cause, why was the fighting started in the first place, and why the mystery of the Divergents anyway. Why do the Eurdites dislike them and think they are something to be afraid of?

As this book moves along, things have a way of working themselves out, answers are found and the fighting ends, but the answers are not what anyone in the society would have ever thought they would have been. This book ends on a cliffhanger, in that the truth is revealed, but how will everyone react to that truth is another story, and I am eager to find out in the third book. Luckily I started this series late, so I don't have long to wait for the last book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment