Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Daily Writing Practice : How hot is it?

Prompt: How hot is it?

1st Attempt:
As the children tried to play in the pool, all Cara could think of was how warm it felt. Was the water too hot for the kids? They splashed a bit, then she noticed that they were just floating around the pool. She called out to the oldest, "Maya, is everything ok?" "Yes Mom", she replied, "It's just too hot to move." Cara thought, she couldn't remember ever hearing her daughter, this outdoors girl, who would rather run in the woods than play with dolls, say that it was too hot to do anything, so it had to be really hot.

Comments:
Not as happy with this offering, but my rules for this daily writing practice are that I will submitt my 1st attempt, with no editing. Another days assignment might be to go back and edit or expand on a previous assignment, so I will attempt to do more with this later, but I want to just brainstrom the ideas down on the 1st attempt. If I decide to do an re-write assignment, then I will add it as the 2nd attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment