Monday, July 27, 2009

Daily Writing Practice: Nightfall....

PROMPT: Nightfall...

1st ATTEMPT:
As the night was slowly falling, she sat on the hill, under the big oak tree thinking. What would her life have been like if she had never left this place? Would she be the woman she was today? Would she be happier? So many questions but so few answers. Maybe it would be best, to leave all the questions, forget this place and leave again, but then she thought of his eyes. The way those deep brown eyes seemed to see straight through her, and she knew that here she would need to remain, at least until the questions were answered.


This was a five minute exercise on writing....
Given the word Nightfall I had to brainstorm and write something. There are no corrections, no revisions, this is the first attempt. Could I make it better? Could I expand it into a full story?

This is what I came up with upon hearing the word nightfall. Hope you like it, and please leave me comments. I am going to be writing here daily, working on my writing skills, and maybe one day you'll see my name on the title page of a book...at least I can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment