Saturday, March 12, 2011

Car Repairs

March 9, 2011

So here I sit at Meineke waiting on them to look at the Durango. Was driving it the other day and all the sudden the heater quit blowing. It still heated up, but the fan was no longer blowing. Great. Last year the heater in the back half went out, the fan blows there but no heat, now I have heat in the front but no fan, between the two sections I have one working heater! Now if they can just make that work without costing me an arm and a leg, I would be happy.

Brad hates my Durango. He hates the Dodge altogether. The check engine light has been on for a couple years now because the gas cap is slightly lose. He thinks all Dodges have electrical problems. Our old Caravan Minivan had all the lights on the dashboard go out, so he is just againist them all, I don't know, I love my Durango. I feel so much safer driving it with the kids, because I know that it is larger than most of the other vehicles on the road.

Just last summer we put new transmission in the Durango, so I am committed to keeping this one running good for as long as I can. That was a lot of money and I am not about to go looking for a new car. So just as I was writing the guy comes out with the news. The blower resistor was bad, a little $35 piece, cool, not bad I am thinking, then the other foot drops. While they were in there they noticed a little squeak, had I noticed that when I was driving. Well, yes I had noticed it, but just off and on so I didn't think much about it. Turns out the bearings were going out on my water pump, so my nice little $35 repair turned into a $500 repair. Great.

Speaking of new cars, I hate car shopping. Brad and I have totally different tastes in cars and different requirements. We both want safety, but he sees it a little differently than I do. He doesn't see my big Durango as being as safe as I feel driving it, so it makes it hard to find something we both agree on. Oh well, at least we aren't in the market for a new car at the moment which is good. Ugh, just dumping more money into this car, so I guess I am going to have to drive it a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment