Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tired of being tired

I am at my wits ends! Here we are 11 months after my total hysterectomy and I am still feeling tired, and more than just tired! I have never been one to take a lot of medicines, in fact I usually take very few things, and right now I am on seven different things, and they aren't working!

You know, I still love my ob dr, she delivered my three kids, and she is great. But over the years as her office has grown and there are more and more nurses in the front answering the phones, the service has gotten worse. I am not one to call in very often, so when I do call in it is a big problem. Recently it has seemed if I do get to talk to a nurse, she only half listens to what I am saying and when they call back after talking to the doctor I am like what are you talking about, yes I mentioned that but that was not the problem that was something happening because of the problem. And that was when I could actually get them to call me back. I called in Monday morning with them saying they would call back that morning, here it is Wednesday morning and I haven't heard from them. I don't blame the dr, I just think her office has grown too fast and too large. I have caught the nurses in outright lies, which of course I have told her about and she was quite mad about. I am not stupid. I ave been living with this diagnosis since was 22, so I have done my research. Don't try to pull one over on me.

So after a massive migraine yesterday that sent me to bed at 1pm and I didn't get up till this morning. I have three kids, and a husband, and although he take good care of the kids when I am down, it is not fair to him. This has been going on too long. I am so sick of trying this and then that and nothing really working. Lord, I am taking five pills, a patch and a gel everyday. I am over this. I am over feeling like I have no energy to do anything. I'm done.

So this morning I got up and pulled up the insurance website and the list of PPO's, you know the doctors they want you to go to and pay better for. So I wrote down about nine of them that sounded good to me, then looked them up on google, ended up on the hospital website, and although it gives you some information, it really doesn't give you enough to decided on a doctor, but I was able to narrow it down to two, based on their sub-specialities. I
I called the first only because it was close to the house, in fact probably only a mile or less, only to find out when I called that Friday was the doctor's last day there. Great. So I called the second choice and then found out that they had recently moved offices and were actually closer to me than originally, still not as close as the first, but close enough for me, and then the kicker, I got an appointment for next week!!! I mean, in literally seven days from now! What!? And to be even better, the nurse that I talked with was very pleasant. I am feeling good right now!

I feel better. I feel like I am taking my own health into my hands and that feels good. I am hoping for some resolutions and I hope that this will be a good choice. Actually a new set of eyes looking at it might be the best thing in the world. I am just glad. I feel better about myself and what I am doing. Now I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment