Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break

So this week is Spring Break here, which means that the kids are home from school all week.

All weekend it had been nice and warm, but today it is back into the low 40s. Of course that it life in Indiana. Spring Break is in mid-March but it is usually still cold. So today the kids and I are all hanging out in the house, not doing much, relaxing and watching tv, or writing on the computer or playing games. It is kinda nice to have the time to spend with the kids, with nothing to pressure us to do homework or to make class or anything like that.

The plans are to go visit my grandma one day this week, and I thought that I might do it today, but that has not worked out, and I know that she has a doctor appointment tomorrow so we can't go then. We want to visit but not too long, or overtax her too much. She is doing better after her hospital stay, but she is almost 87 years old, and so she can't do as much as she used to although she hates to admit it, but then again don't we all.

A lot of people like to travel on Spring Break and take off for warmer weather. You know, even way back when I was in school, I was never on of those people, not that I wouldn't have enjoyed it, but I never had the opportunity to go south for Spring Break, or when I did have the chance in college, I just couldn't swing the payments that it would be. It's hard to budget for something like that when you are working to pay for school. Once I was out of school, Spring Break was nothing, because you don't get Spring Break from work. Only now that the kids are in school has Spring Break become something again to think about. I think the kids would enjoy doing something fun, but we'll just have to see what we can swing.

To be honest, to relax in the house with my kids today, with no plans and nothing we have to do, to be able to play games together has been the greatest things around. I have loved me day.

No comments:

Post a Comment