Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dead Men Don't Lye by Tim Meyers (A Soapmaking Mystery #1)

Dead Men Don't Lye (A Soapmaking Mystery, #1)Dead Men Don't Lye by Tim Myers

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Tim Meyers is turning into one of my favorite authors. I was not sure that a gentlemen could write a good cozy mystery because of the crafting element. I mean, really, how many men have you seen in the crafting section of the store? but, Time Meyers has surprised me over and over. I loved his candle making series, and now I am working my way through his soap making series.

He has a wonder handle on the soap making business, and the craft itself. I love that part of the book. It appeals to the crafer in me and that is the min reason that I love the whole cozy mystery genre in the first place.

The other thing that appeals to me is the whole Perkins family clan. I mean we are talking a large family, in a time when large families are kinda out of fashion, yet there is Ben, the big brother that is expected to just take care of everyone in the family and to right all wrongs and banish all evil. Makes me want to be part of that family, to have a big brother like ben to take care of everything for me.

This book starts with the discover of a soap supplier, who just happened to be dating one of Ben's sister's dead on the back door. Ben's sometime girlfriend Molly, is on the police department, but Ben's over bearing Mom is determined that he meddle into the investigation to clear his sister.

Another wonderful book by Tim Meyers and another wonderful series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment