Thursday, December 8, 2011

Shattered Innocence by Robert Scott

Shattered InnocenceShattered Innocence by Robert Scott

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I, along with most of the civilized world was entralled with the story of the abduction and later release of Jaycee Dugard, who would have thought.

I read this book, and although it was not what I was expecting, it was a good book. This is more the story of Phil Garrido and the failures and mis-steps of various police and federal agencies than it is the story of Jaycee.

I found the failures to keep tabs on Phil interesting and disturbing at the same time. I enjoyed reading about his background and past, but I refuse to allow his past to be an excuse for what he did. I find it interesting, so many other people have troubled childhoods, but never do what he did.

This is a good book, but don't look for information about Jaycee or her life or how she survived. You won't find it here.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment