Thursday, January 26, 2012

Barely a Lady by Eileen Dreyer (Drake's Rakes #1)

Barely a Lady (The Drake's Rakes, #1)Barely a Lady by Eileen Dreyer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Historical books have always been a favorite of mine, but lately I have gotten away from reading them, taking more to the cozy mystery side. So when I got a chance to read this book and to get back into a historical vein, I was psyched.

I actually really loved this book. I loved the storyline, the way things move and evolve. I was completely in the dark, along with Olivia, as to what Jack had been up to for the past five years, and I loved that his amensia allowed him to grow and learn what it was to be a real man, a real husband, to have faith in a person and to truley love a person.

So I sorta gave you the storyline. Olivia and Jack, they were married but that was five years ago, and now, when she finds him on the battlefield, he is wearing the enemy uniform and has no memory. He doesn't remember than he not only divorced Olivia, but he turned her out into the street in a dramatic display. Olivia is no wilting violet, she dug in and learned to provide for herself and still keep a matter of pride and respect about her.

The book storyline then revolves around helping Jack to remember what he had been up to, and why someone might be searching for him, especially someone with some not so nice plans for his person, and that are willing to involve his wife in their plans weather she knows anything or not.

It is a really great book, and a teaser of book two in the back has me searching my resources for that second book. I can't wait to follow up on some of the other characters in the book, as well as Jack and Olivia.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment