Thursday, January 26, 2012

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


It's not a cozy mystery, but the title caught my fancy. Shopaholic, and so I thought I would give it a read.

How do I describe it? It was a good book, but I felt lost in alot of ways. It was like the title character, Becky Bloomwood, is floundering in a world of money writers, when in realty she is not a money person but a shopper, and I felt confused that she kept trying to be a money writer, didn't she realize that she had so much talent as a fashion writer, why didn't she try to write what she loved? I mean if you don't love something, then how in the world can you write about it, and she is a shopper to the ultimate power, why not spend her time writing about it and submitting to magazines until she gets noticed!

The whole "relationship" with the money guy seemed to be far fetched and it never felt real to me, so I felt like it was forced the entire book. I would never pick up any of the books that come after this one, it just wasn't my style in fact, I found myself more upset with Becky throughout the book more often than I enjoyed the book.

So on to another book, and review and another chance to find, the next great thing in the written world.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment