Monday, January 30, 2012

The Long Quiche Goodbye by Avery Aames (A Cheese Shop Mystery, #1)

The Long Quiche Goodbye (A Cheese Shop Mystery, #1)The Long Quiche Goodbye by Avery Aames

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Cozy Mysteries are probably my favorite genre of books, and so when I find something new, a new series, especially one with wine and cheese involved, I am in a pretty good place for reading any series of books.



A Cheese Shop Mystery, although the family cheese shop has just been given over to the hands of the next generation with Charlotte and her cousin Matthew taking over as Grandpere' and Grandmere' enjoy retirement.

The grandparents are French immigrants and switch between English and French all the time. Charlotte is the cheese expert and her cousin Matthew and expert with wine, hence the addition of a wine annex to the family cheese shop and the story begins in the middle of the remodeling.



I did feel that book took a bit to get into, it kinda bogged down and I wasn't really sure I liked the characters until about half way through the book, and by then they had developed into people I wanted to route for and learn more about and hope they were able to find the murderer.



The book ends with receipes, always a double bonus for me, I love to have receipes in my books, and I have found some of the greatest receipes in my cozy mystery books. Some amazing sounding quiche's and more. Also at the end of the book is a teaser to Book 2 in the series, titled Lost and Fondue. Looking forward to checking it out, but I might have to take a cozy mystery break to work on reading some of my First-Reads.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment