Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Book Review: Town in a Lobster Stew

Town in a Lobster Stew (Candy Holliday, #2)Town in a Lobster Stew by B.B. Haywood

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A Candy Holliday Murder Mystery - Book 2



I mentioned before that I stumbled onto this series through a crosspost against another book I read and reviewed. Sometimes those can be hits and other times misses, but so far, I am liking this series.



Once again we find Candy in the middle of some unexpected events in town, including murder, trickery, rivalry and long ago affairs. This time it also includes a recipe for Lobster Stew, a locally famous recipe that has won the annual Lobster Stew Cook-off 13 years!



We find the story behind the original recipe, how it was created and for who, and why it has been placed in retirement and not been in the Cook-off for awhile, but it's claim to fame, the number of wins, still have people clamoring for it, trying to buy it, and when all else fails, stealing it, which leads to the first murder of the book.



Betrayal among thieves leads to the second murder, but isn't that the case, thieves do not make the best friends, nor the most trustworthy people to hang around with. And betrayal between them results in the most action.



This book centers around the town of Cape Wellington, things are changing in town, but it is still the same old sleepy little town, although the local insurance agent is embezzling money, which leads to some side line action, but nothing the story could do without, it makes me wonder if we won't see this in another book, because it was just barely mentioned, and yet seems like it could have a whole story around it. Hum.



Another good book, that kept me turning the pages right to the end. Now I am going to have to find the rest of this series, or at least another couple books to keep me going! Really finding that I like the people of Cape Wellington, and I want to go back in another book and see what happens to them, how they continue.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment