Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Book Review: Wait Until Midnight

Wait Until MidnightWait Until Midnight by Amanda Quick

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I must confess upfront that I love Amanda Quick, which is the pen name for Jayne Ann Krentz, that she uses for all her historical novels. I don't think I have ever read an Amanda Quick novel that I didn't like.



This one is a typical historical novel, with the bad-boy of society, Adam Hardesty; and the uncoventional woman trying to live in society, Caroline. Of course we have twists and turns, along with some murder and intrigue.



It is well-written and keeps you guessing up to the last chapter who the real villian or villians are in the book, and what happens with our led characters.



This book also has a slight touch of the paranormal, in that it introduces the concept in the idea of mediums, albeit fake ones, but it touchs on the concept, which leads to the Jayne Castle books, which is another pen name for Jayne Ann Krentz, that she uses for her paranormal novels. I happen to really like those novels also.



This is a good read, excellent for this hot summer to relax inside and read. Although if it is a little cooler in your area, a great book to take to the pool with you.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment