Saturday, October 1, 2011

Book Review: Death in Daytime (Soap Opera Mystery #1)

Death in Daytime (Soap Opera Mystery #1)Death in Daytime by Eileen Davidson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm always in the mood for a new Cozy Mystery series, and I picked up books 1 and 2 of this one on PaperbackSwap so I thought I would give them a chance.

The author is a long-time soap actress and so she would know about the soap world, although I don't think I have ever seen any of this occuring before, but it's a cozy mystery.

The lead character, Alex looks like the author in my mind, and she is engaging enough, you feel for her and you like her, but she's just kinda there. I don't know, there is just something about her that pushes me back a bit, and maybe that is on purpose since her ex-husband embazzled money from her and others and so she is always holding others at arms links.

The detective counter-part in this if Frank Jakes, of just Jakes, and he comes across as a bit of a ladies man.

I liked it well enough to read the second book in the series, and maybe I will know more then, but over-all it was a good read, just not my favorite, but good enough to try another and to recommend to friends.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment