Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Book Review: Sew Deadly (Southern Sewing Circle, #1)

Sew Deadly (A Southern Sewing Circle, #1)Sew Deadly by Elizabeth Lynn Casey

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I was born and raised in Indiana, no where near the South, but give me a book set in the South and I am one happy camper! Add in sewing and I am tickled pink, so I was excited to find this book.  Book One of the Southern Sewing Circle Series.



Tori moves from Chicago to take a job in Sweet Briar SC, but things are not all that they seem.  The job Tori got was a vacant position, but one the town made available. So there is a great deal of tension in town, add to that Tori finding the town beauty queen behind the library dead, and things get even worse, with people publicly taking sides!



The Sewing Circle was briefly mentioned and it was a big part of Tori getting to know the town, but real true sewing wasn't really mentioned, unless you consider the pattern at the end of the book real sewing.



As for Tori, I didn't get a chance to learn much about her, she was being tormented and teased and generally just trying to defend herself for so much of the book, that I can't say if I like her or not yet.



That all being said, I am more than happy to give book two of this series a fighting chance, then again, I might even have to give book three and four a chance, just being that I love anything southern and sewing!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment