Monday, June 27, 2011

Drama

Lately there have been a number of Facebook status posts about Drama, and it got me to thinking.

Drama is a part of life, you can't avoid it because we live on a planet with other people, it is just how you perceive it and how you deal with it that defines you and defines how much drama you have in your life. Where one person sees drama, another sees normal life, where one sees complaining, another sees venting, where one sees nothing but the wrongs and troubles, another sees the chances to change and move on. Where one may think a post is about "new found faith" another may see it as 'overzealous religion", where one posts about "teenage daughters" another may see it as "drama", where one may post about "being overworked" another may see it as "venting' while another sees it as "complaining'. There are so many things that can be seen in so many different ways, and we tend to read into things based on our own point in life and experiences.

Drama comes in many shapes and forms. For me, i feel the most drama from extended family members that have not learned to deal very well with life, and they expect help from the rest of us. But at the same time, that drama is a blessing in that I have learned something that they feel can help them, so it's not really drama to me, its a life lesson.

I know for me that i tend to post about life, what it going on with the kids, the family and friends and stuff. Sometimes it might sound like I am complaining, but you know that i would never change anything in my life for anything. I love my kids and the hectics of life is fine with me, i don't mean to make it sound like drama, but i know to other people it might sound like I have too much drama or stress in my life. Life for me is about my faith, my family and my friends.

I was thinking about it as i lay in bed last night and i realized that it doesn't bother me when people post stressful or drama type things. It allows me to realize and be thankful for the things in my life, my kids, my husband and my family. I realize when I read the posts of those younger than me, that i am thankful to be this age, to have gone through and dealt with the drama of teenage years and the single years, and that i would not want to do that time period again. I know that where I am in my life, what I have been through and what i am focused on now in life colors or effects how i read what is posted, but you know, that is probably good, because it gives me my unique point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment