Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Review: Burning Lamp

Burning Lamp (Dreamlight Trilogy, #2; Arcane Society, #8)Burning Lamp by Amanda Quick

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Normally, I can pick up an Amanda Quick novel, and be into it and reading from the start, but for some reason this book was hard for me to get into.  It didn't feel like he other books, and I didn't feel like I really got to know either of the main characters all that well.

Adelaide is the female main character, and it seemed to take a long time to get a feel for her, the first chapter when she is introduced seems almost out of place, and I didn't get a feel for her.

Griffin, the male lead, is not what he seems. It doesn't seem as polished or as developed as the male characters in her other books, I feel so much of him was still a mystery, and although there is so much more to him than his profession, that seems to be the only thing the female lead an focus on and talk about.

This is the second book in the Dreamlight Trilogy, and personally I didn't feel it gave me anything that I hadn't already learned in the first book of the series.  This is hard to say, it is hard to say something bad about an author that I love to read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment