Saturday, September 3, 2011

Book Review ; Fired Up

Fired Up (Dreamlight Trilogy, #1, Arcane Society, #7)Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'll be honest. If you give me a book by Amanda Quick or Jayne Castle, I will read it in a heartbeat, but when it came to books written under the Jayne Ann Krentz name, that was another story. 

The same author writes under all three names, but Amanda Quick is historical and Jayne Castle is future, whereas the Jayne Ann Krentz were modern day. There was just always something about them that I could not get into. But, since this was Arcane Society, and I really like those, and this was number One in a trilogy, I figured I was going to have to try.

I am happy to say, that after a few false states, Thursday evening I sat down and really stared the book. I found that once I got past the prologue and into about the 4th Chapter that I really starting liking the book.  It just started slow for me, which gave me a little trouble actually reading the book to begin with.

Although this is the first book in the Dreamlight trilogy, it is actually the 7th book to deal with the Arcane Society, so you will find some familiar names if you have read some of the Arcane books. I have read some of them, but usually only the one under the Amanda Quick or the Jayne Castle names. Now I am going to have to go back and try to do the Krentz ones too.

The book starts slow, and the first couple of chapters have you guessing as to why they are even included, but it starts to pick up and it all becomes clear.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment