Thursday, September 8, 2011

Book Review: The Irish Cottage Murders

The Irish Cottage Murder: A Torrey Tunet MysteryThe Irish Cottage Murder: A Torrey Tunet Mystery by Dicey Deere

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Glancing through the shelfs at the library, had a few books, but just was looking when this title jumped out at me. I love anything Irish so I grabbed it and thought it might be good.

The author wrote in a different style. Each chapter was short and slightly choppy. Some chapters wee only one page long. Each chapter was a different person, and not the just two different characters but a large number of different characters. I still am not sure that I have a grasp on each of the characters, and it was the end before I got the murderer, there were just so many twists and turns.

Torry is the main character, she is 27 and a translator. She travels the world, but carries a great deal of guilt with her. As a teenager, she "stole" some dirty money while babysitting. The actions changed the lives of a great number of people.

Desmond is one of he characters, and although we only see him alive in the first few chapters, we learn more and more about him and his character, as it has influenced the lives and actions of other people.  Torry and Desmond has a lot in common in that regard, but they use the events in their lives to different means. 

Torry is accussed of Desmond's murder, and although she didn't do it, and it seems beyond me that the local police actually thought her a subject, she wasn't even in the area when he was killed, they had decided that she was the murderer and it fell to her to clear her own name.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment