Tuesday, May 1, 2012

An Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff & Alex Tresnowski

An Invisible Thread: The True Story of an 11-Year-Old Panhandler, a Busy Sales Executive, and an Unlikely Meeting with DestinyAn Invisible Thread: The True Story of an 11-Year-Old Panhandler, a Busy Sales Executive, and an Unlikely Meeting with Destiny by Laura Schroff
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this book through the GoodReads First-Reads program. Although the cover on my book looks nothing like the picture here, it's the same story.

I enjoyed the book and thought it was a good story.

There is a fair amount about Maurice and Laura, together, and how they effect each others lives, but there is a lot of back-story about Laura's life and growing up. I felt this was more a book for Laura than it was a book for Maurice. I am sure had it been written by Maurice, it would have had a completely different flavor.

I found the story compelling, and it moved me through, and although I had hoped for a happy ending, and the book does leave off with everyone in a "good place", I found myself disappointed. Disappointed that laura didn't make enough of a difference, that Maurice still got caught up in the problems of his life, but at the same time I did find the book a worthwhile read. It's hard to explain why I felt a little disappointed at the end without telling future readers too much about the book, and I completely understand if others disagree with my feelings on the book. That is part of the great thing about reading, that we each learn and get something different from the book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment