Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Book Review: The Shack

The ShackThe Shack by William P. Young

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


If everything in your life is perfect, if you have never experienced a tragedy, and you already know everything there is to know about God, then you have no need to read this book.  But if you have ever been broken, felt the longing for something else, wondered about God, then this is the book for you!



I started reading it, not knowing what to expect, being told it was an awesome book, but at the same time, reading the back cover, not sure I wanted to read what it was dealing with, the abduction of a young girl and the aftermath.



I laughed a little and cried a whole lot! This book was wonderful, and trust me I have never given 5 stars to anything! I moved me in so many ways and on so many levels, and that was just the firs time I read the book, the second time did even more.



I also loved the way the author portrayed God in different ways through out this book. It felt real, because he really captured the essence and the presence and the ideal of God in such a wonderful way, each portrayal at different parts of the book lead believablity to the book and to the account and to the truth of God.



Don' pick this up expecting a fun read, or a light read. This book will move you, and depending on where you are in your life and your own faith journey, it may even challenge you.  Make you feel that you need to or want to know God the way Missy knew God, understood God and believed in God.



It is a tremendous read for anyone, just be prepared to be rocked, to have you own faith questioned and if you are willing to grow from this book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment