Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Bone to Pick by Charlaine Harris (An Aurora Teagarden Mystery, #2)

A Bone to Pick (Aurora Teagarden Mystery, #2)A Bone to Pick by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


So after finishing Book one of the Aurora Teagarden Mystery series, it wasn't bed time and so I started on book two!

A Bone to Pick is the second book in the Aurora Teagarden Mystery and in this we find Roe attending her mother's wedding to a former Real Murders Club member, then attending the wedding of her former boyfriend and Real Murders club member, Arthur Smith, only to be shocked by the very visibly pregnant bride, then the funeral of a friend and former Real Murders club member. To add to her bewilderment, she is contacted by the attorney only to find out that the friend left everything to her! Everything being a house, a sizable bank account and a mystery.

Roe decides that she must solve the mystery, it is what Jane would have wanted and she proceeds to work on that. All the while trying to decide if she wants to give up her comfortable, and rent free townhouse for the ownership of the little house on Honor Street, only to find out that the house across the street is the new home of Arthur and his wife! As Roe ponders and puzzles her way through another mystery, she answers questions and makes decisions for her life and her future.

Again, this is so well written that it draws you in, I could almost see myself walking around the little house on Honor Street, I could feel the eyes of the neighborhood, and feel for Roe. I was pulled into the story and into her life and I wanted it to keep going. I wanted to know more and to find out more about Roe, even after the mystery was solved. Guess that means I have to find book three!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment