Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris (A Harper Connelly Mystery, #1)

Grave Sight (Harper Connelly, #1)Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed Charlaine Harris as an author, so i thought I would check out this series, the Harper Connelly Mystery series.

Harper and her step-brother Tolliver, travel around using Harpers unique gift to solve mystery's. At the age of fifteen, Harper was struck by lightening in her bathroom, and when she survived, she was left being able to find dead people. Not only can she find them, but she "sees" the last moments, telling her their cause of death, but she is not able to see who did it.

The people Harper and Tolliver met on their travels are mixed, some see her gift as a curse some a blessing, some like it and other hate her for it, but then again, what else would you expect of people. Some people are more open minded and open to things of this nature, and others, who don't understand it, just aren't willing to accept it.

Harper has been called to a small town Sarne to find a missing girl. Her boyfriend at the time was found dead in a field, and no one realized that she might be with him for a number of days. His death was ruled a suicide. Walking the field, Harper was able to tell them where the girl was and how she died, and the fact that the boyfriend most definitely did not kill himself. Her job done, she was ready to move on, only to be called back to Sarne. Harper finds herself having to solve the mystery of what is going on, why these deaths and what secret all these people held in order to get herself and her brother free of Sarne so that they can move on.

I found the book well-written and enjoyable. I wanted to get to know Tolliver and Harper more, to learn about them, in fact I found myself feeling for Harper, rough life add a strange gift, and it can be lonely, and I wanted her to find happiness. It was such a draw, and I found I wanted to journey with them, learn more about them, even fight for Harper.

Can't wait to gt ahold of the second book and continue learning about them.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment