Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bookmarked for Death by Lorna Barrett (A Booktown Mystery, #2)

Bookmarked For Death (A Booktown Mystery, #2)Bookmarked For Death by Lorna Barrett

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Bookmarked for Death is the second book in the Booktown Mystery Series by Lorna Barrett. I loved the first book, and this second one did not disappoint me at all. I enjoyed reconnecting with Tricia and her sister, Angelica, coming back to Stoneham, or otherwise known as Booktown.

Tricia owns and runs a mystery bookstore called "Haven't got a Clue", while her sister owns and runs the bookstore next door called, "The Cookery". Although Tricia and Angelica haven't had the greatest of relationships, it is nice to read along and watch them discover new things about each other and bond and build a better relationship than what they had before.

The town of Stoneham, that was dying out, but revitalized when its focus on book sellers and tourist trade was shaped. It just sounds like a place I would love to visit! A town full of bookstores! I mean really, what could be more perfect for someone who likes to read?

Tricia talks a local author into a book signing at her store, but before the night is over finds the author dead in her bathroom. Of course, Sheriff Wendy Adams is still mad at Tricia, and has alot of problems looking past those issues into the murder, wanting to find Tricia guilty, even when he isn't so of course that just means that Tricia will be doing some investigating. What she turns up, shakes her and the town. The best selling books were not written by the author, but by another woman, with a mystery in her life.

I loved this book. I love the idea of Booktown and I enjoy going there in the books. I enjoyed meeting the townspeople, learning more about ones I already knew and growing the town. It has been a blast. I find the mystery and Tricia to be pretty believable as a person and that makes it easier to get into the story.



View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the book, and hope you'll try the others in the series: Bookplate Special (which was nominated for an Agatha for best novel 2009), Chapter & Hearse, Sentenced to Death, and Murder on the Half Shelf will be out on July 3rd. I also write the Victoria Square Mysteries under the name Lorraine Bartlett (A Crafty Killing and The Walled Flower) and, writing as L.L. Bartlett, the darker Jeff Resnick Mysteries (Murder On The Mind, Dead In Red, Cheated by Death, and Bound by Suggestion).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://tammommy.blogspot.com/2012/04/bookplate-special-by-lorna-barrett.html

      Here is the link to book three. I knew I had it on here.

      Thanks for finding my reviews and taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  2. The Bookplate Special review should be on the blog, but since they recently changed things I am having a hard time finding my way around!
    I just ordered Chapter and Hearse, so looking forward to seeing that one.
    I will definitely make a note about your other series and check it out! My to be read pile is growing faster than I can read!

    ReplyDelete