Monday, February 21, 2011

Dragon's Breath by E.D. Baker

Dragon's Breath (Tales of the Frog Princess, #2)Dragon's Breath by E.D. Baker

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Dragon's Breath is the second book in the Frog Princess Series. The story continues right where the Frog Princess ended.

Again we are treated to Emma and Eadric, both as humans, although Emma is having a little magic problem, everytime she sneezes, she turns herself and Eadric back into frogs. It seems to happen at the most inconvient times too!

We revisit Grassina and Haywood, who is still an otter and their quest to reverse her mothers spell and turn Haywood back into a man, which turns out to be quite difficult and the results are not what anyone expected!

I read this book, with and to my children, and they laughed so much throughout the book. The loved the story and had such a good time listening. Each night it was, please just one more chapter, just one more. I would have been reading all night if I hadn't put a limit on the number of chapters per night.

I started out reading it with my daughters, and they loved it. They love Emma and they enjoy listening to what is going on and how things are resolved. Last night my son joined in on the story and it took us longer to read because we had to keep going back and explaining things to him, but he loved it as well. He liked Eadric more and laughed at him and enjoyed the story.

This is such a well written book, it is perfect for young girls, but there are enough Dragons, and swords and such to keep young boys interested as well. Book three in the series has already been requested for tonights reading.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment