Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekends

Weekends are an animal of a whole different color around here. During the week, I get the kids off to school and then have a little time to myself before I start my morning rountine to write and blog. On the weekends, well, that is a whole new story.

With the kids home the whole time, I never get to write, or blog unless I wait until after they go to bed, or sneak some time during the day, and then it is not as fun and rewarding to do it if I have to sneak. For the most part, I just let me writing slide on the weekends, because computer time is almost non-exsistant for mom on the weekends, unless the kids are gone.

This weekend was no different, the kids had me busy, and no time to write, but I did get computer time, and that was only because as a group, the kids and I were playing a real-time game called Virtual Villagers.

Virtual Villagers was created by Last Day of Work, and they are a fantastic company and the game is great. We found them awhile back and the kids love to play, but it usually means, that Mom sits at the computer with the kids climbing around me sitting and we all decided what to do and when and what order and all that stuff. It is fun really. When else do I get to sit with the kids, all together, and we make choices and talk about things together without any fighting. I cherish those times!

Well, the last day of December, the company came out with their newest version of Virtual villagers, called Virtual Villagers 5: The New Believers. Each time they have came out with a new version it has changed the storyline and local a little, with the same basic premise underneath. The kids love this new one, and so we worked all weekend on it, and had a blast. We are almost ready to finish the game with the first tribe we created, but at the same time, we have thought of news ways we wanted to start and are looking forward to playing it again and again with new and different tribes.

No comments:

Post a Comment