Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Book Review: The Friday Night Knit Club

The Friday Night Knitting ClubThe Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Over the past few weeks I have been reading alot of the Cozy Mystery genre, and I enjoy that genre. This book, I picked up from a friend purely for the knitting reference on the front cover. I love to knit and I thought it would be a fun read.

It is truely a good book, I laughed, I felt for the women, and I cried!

Georgia is a single-mom, who is raising her only daughter the best she can, while running a successful knitting store. On Friday nights a group of regulars come to knit and talk, and be treated to the budding chef that has become Georgia's daughter, Dakota. But, Georgia, after being burned by a high school friend, and then Dakota's father, rarely joins in on the conversations. In fact it seems that the whole knitting group is just barely breaking the ice with each other until events start unfolding that drag them closer together and bond them to each other, deeply.

The first event? A college student, hanging around the store all day, looking for Julia Roberts! Sounds funny right, but there was an article in the newspaper that was talking about famous stars that had taken up knitting, and a vague mention of a certain small shop in town, which could have been any shop, but this student took to be Georgia's and so she hangs around all day, buying and returning the same tape measure, then finally she bursts in the door during knitting club, freaking out everyone involved and panic ensues. But in this panic, walls begin to fall and we find out more about each person, and they each make connections to each other and the true friendship is formed.

It's a great book, a good read, and really about life, love and friendships. If you get a chance, pick it up and read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment