Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Facebook Link

Since I started my Facebook page, I have had my blog linked together. I started doing it because of the book reviews, but since I have started writing all my book reviews at Good Reads, and they link it to my facebook page, then my blog, I was getting double posts of the book reviews on my facebook page, and I figured that might be a little annoying.

I also use my blog as my journal, to work out emotions and feelings and things like that, and so far that has been fine. I have had so much support from you all my friends, that have either already been there and done that, or are going through it, or just supporting me on the journey that I need to make.

The issue came up for the first time yesterday, when someone commented on me as a person after my blog post showed up. I have never had anyone do that, and it made me wonder what was going on. I don't feel that my commenting about trying to figure this whole parenting thing out means I am a bad person or a failure, and I didn't feel the comment was warranted by what I had wrote.

I really struggled with it, until someone I would consider a friend commented that they didn't feel the blog said anything to warrant the hostility that it was responded to with. So I realized that no matter what I say, there are going to be some people that are going to use it to call me names and make me feel like a failure and a bad person, and those are the people I do not need in my like, none of us need or deserve those people in our lives.

So to all of you that have found encouragement in what I have written, who have found support and fun, I am sorry to say that I am unlinking my blog from Facebook. This blog explaining my decision will be the last. From now on, if you want to read my blog, you will have to follow it separately. Know that it is with a heavy heart that I do this, but I also have to have the ability to use my blog to write about my emotions and my journey so that I can grow, and I don't need to fear who is going to read it and try to use it against me.

I love you all for the support and encouragement you have given me over the years, and I hate to take this away, but I need the protection at the moment! Thank you all for understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment