Thursday, August 18, 2011

Book Review: Grace Interrupted

Grace Interrupted (Manor of Murder, #2)Grace Interrupted by Julie Hyzy

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I have to admit that this particular series has felt so good to me to read. I love reading and getting to know Grace, as she picks herself up by the boot-straps and tries to build a new life for herself. A new job, getting to know the people there, which are all part of an "old crowd" that has worked there forever, being put in a boss position all the sudden by the death of her boss, then having to deal with her sister and her marriage to Grace's finace.

Grace holds her own, and is actually looked at as almost a peer by the police department. I mean it's a small town, and they have almost never seen a murder except on tv, so they were not up to handling the first one, let alone this second on, and Grace with an anayltical mind and ability to organize her thoughts realizes things the police miss.

In this book, Grace and Jack actually manage to go out to dinner, but real life just keeps getting in the way of them learning anything more that about each other, so they are still friends, and I love that about this book. There is no rush to have to have the main character having a relationship with someone, it is more real-life and feels more natural.

Now I just have to wait for the author to write some more in this series. Until then, I think I will go back and finish her other series, White House Chef Mystery.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment